OpenCRM allows administrators to set up Commissions for Users within your organisation. These are displayed on the User's Home Page.
The grid displays all Commissions and Bonuses earned on a monthly, quarterly and annual level.
This FAQ will show you specifically how to set up Commissions for your Users. For information on Bonuses please view this FAQ
To enable commissions to be calculated, you first need to set values within the Set Up Targets grid. You can enter zero values in here if required, but you need to enter something for the values to be saved in the system, so that the commission sums can be worked out.
This FAQ explains How to set up Targets.
You can then select Commission Setup under Configuration Settings
Here you have three columns
- Type of Opportunity - as set in your Opportunity Types. To learn how to change picklist settings please view this FAQ.
- Commission Rate - here you can enter the percentage commission required.
- List As - select whether the Commission is to be displayed individually on the Home Page according to Opportunity Type, or whether you wish to have the Commission displayed as an accumulated figure (List as Other).
The Opportunity Types you select to be displayed individually will be displayed within the grid on the User's Home Page, and other commissions will be accumulated and displayed under "Other".
In this example, we want individual users to get 5% commission on any Existing Business they sign and 10% on New Business.
We have three different Opportunity Types to designate Existing Business (Existing Business, Renewed Annual Business, Renewed Monthly Business) as well as one Opportunity Type to display New Business. We need to set up a rule for each, as shown in the screenshot below.
So if we have three Opportunities, two Existing Business and one New Business, let's see what happens when we mark them as Closed Won. The value of the Opportunities are: one deal worth £1000 for New Business (10% Commission) and two deals worth £3000 in total for Existing Business (5% Commission).
The Commission is reflected in the grid which can be found on the Home screen:
A couple of important things to be aware of.
1. Commissions are not calculated retrospectively. If you enable the commissions set-up, this will start building User commissions, previously closed won Opportunities will not be included.
2. The Commission is calculated based on the Status field being changed from an existing status to Closed Won.
3. This feature is intended simply as a visual indicator of commissions due for sales people. The Commissions grid on the Home page cannot be exported or reported upon, and will only show current month/ quarter/ year to date. You do not have the option to view previous months.
Can I choose which Sales Stages are counted as a successful sale?
It is possible to use multiple Sales Sales to be included in your Target / Commission / Pipeline graph to mark an Opportunity as Sold (besides just "Closed Won").
To do this, go to Settings -> Configuration Block -> Additional Settings, then navigate to the Commission Settings.
In the text box next to the setting "Sales stage an opportunity needs to be for commission to be calculated" enter the sales stages you would like to include. These must be:
- Comma separated with no space between the different stages
- Exact spelling and capitals (case sensitive)