What is the Customer Portal?
The customer portal allows customers access to information regarding their details on your system. They will be able to login and view their Contact details, as well as any linked Documents, HelpDesk Tickets, Sales Orders, Invoices, and any other parts of the system you would like them to be able to view. They can also create new HelpDesk Tickets and eSign Sales Orders via the Customer Portal.
Modules that the customer can access*:
* My Details - self service details from your OpenCRM system (Contact and Company)
* Registered user access - create links to information on your website that require user registration
* Knowledgebase - Search and display FAQ's direct from OpenCRM
* Helpdesk - Create and Manage Tickets online - includes comments and file attachments.
* Documents - Private and Public documents
* Invoices - Display Paid and Outstanding invoices for the linked Company
* Quotations - List Quotations that are Open or Closed linked to the Contact
* Sales Orders - List Sales Orders requiring action with eSign facilities and also display closed sales Orders
* Projects - List Projects that are Open and Closed and allow interaction with the Project including Comments and Attachments
*Note that you can restrict access to only the specific modules that you would like them to have access too. So for example if you do not use HelpDesk you can deselect this and it will not be available.
How do I install a Customer Portal for OpenCRM?
Go to Settings and look under the "Configuration" block. There should be a link there called "Install Customer Portal". Clicking this will install your portal.
If you are not sure, please contact OpenCRM via support (email@example.com) or your Account Manager.
How do I give a Contact or Lead access to my Portal, and to select which modules/records they will have access too?
How to set this is shown in more detail in this FAQ
How does it work?
Once the customer has been granted access and the Portal has been installed you will be able to access it by going to http://MYCOMPANY.opencrm.co.uk/Portal (insert your company details) and will be greeted with the screen below:
This displays the login page requesting the username and passwords - there is also a LOGIN button on the top menu of the portal. The logo and other information on the page will be populated with your own details ,such as address, telephone and email address, when the Customer Portal is first set up for you.
Once logged in the customer is taken to a landing page that displays a list of the Modules that they have access to. You can also set the landing page to be a Welcome Page that advertises products or services that may be of interest to your clients.
The Contact can select the module that they wish to see information on, this will take them into a screen that displays a list of items. The default is set to be their details page.
This is where the customer can update their contact and company information.
If the Helpdesk feature has been set up on your system this is where a customer can come to:
* Log new tickets
* Check the status on all existing tickets that relate to their Company
* Update tickets by adding comment or documents
* Access any FAQ's you have related to support
* Request remote assistance (this will be a link to your own remote assistance set up)
If you would like a quick overview of the Helpdesk feature in OpenCRM please take a look at this FAQ
Here is where any document related to a customer can be shown. This could be a document dealing with an invoice, a project, ticket or any other document that might be connected to their contact record. There are 3 folders that they can have access to which will filter what they can see. These are:
* Public Documents - These are documents that have been marked in your OpenCRM system with "Show On Portal" and "Customer Portal Public Document" ticked.
* Private Documents - These are documents that have been marked in OpenCRM with the "Show On Portal" tick box selected and have been linked to this Contact using the Contact Sub-tab.
* My Documents - This shows any Private Documents from above and also any documents flagged as "Show On Portal" linked to a Project record (via the Related To field on the Document) which the Contact is in turn linked via the Contact sub-tab. The documents linked via a Project will be organised under headings with the Project Name.
Your customer will be able to track any invoices they have with you:
By selecting the invoice they will be able to get more information regarding that invoice, see that terms and conditions relating to it and any additional details linked to that invoices record.
Much like invoices this is where the customer can go to view:
They can then select a particular Quote and then view more detailed information regarding that quote.
When the customer selects Sales Order's they will have the option to view:
Open Sales Orders - View open Sales Orders and then be able to select those that they would like to E-sign and process
Completed Sales Orders - View a list of completed Sales Orders with the option to view more detail on each Sale Order by selecting it from the list
E-sign a Sales Order
- This is an option for customers to sign Sales Orders electronically. For more information on E-signing please use this LINK
If you have given the contact access to e-sign a Sales Order they might get the above pop-up when they select an Open Sales Order. This is due to the fact that the relevant information is missing from their contact record and is needed before they can actually e-sign and accept the order.
Once all the information is there and the customer selects the Open Sales Order they will be shown the below screen:
Here they will be able to Approve the order and e-sign for it. When the customer clicks on the Approve button a small pop-up will show asking for their PIN number:
This will then move the Sales Order from Open to Completed and change the status to eSigned:
Note: If the customer does not have the ability to e-sign they will not be asked any of the above nor be able to approve the Sales Order. They will however be able to view the Sales Order.
Under Projects the customer will be able to view:
When the customer views a Project they will be able to see:
Who their Project Manager is
When the project should end
What the current status is
Any documents that are related to the Project
They will also have the ability to add additional documents to the Project if needed.