Sage VAT calculation works as follows:
- Sage calculates VAT by applying VAT to the total of each line - e.g if it was two items at £15 each, the calculation would be VAT = 2 x 15 x 0.175
- Sage rounds the value of each line total and adds up each VAT line total to give the overrall total.
With OpenCRM we have the following methods of VAT calculation:
- Calculate and round on the overrall total (default on older systems)
- Calculate vat on line totals and round the overrall VAT total (default on newer systems and can be activated for older)
- Calculate vat on line totals and round per line - matching exactly what Sage does (available from version 2.8 onwards)
Should you wish to change from one method of VAT calculation to another please contact the Software Add-ons support desk where we will either change this configuration setting for you or schedule an update to your system if required.