What happened to my HTML emails11 Jan 2009
Technote : we have recently upgraded our main mailserver from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007.
Previously we used activesync with Exchange and our iPhones, which just worked a dream. One of the features we loved was the ‘true’ HTML email display, it just worked (as you might expect).
Following the Exchange upgrade, these emails were no longer displayed correctly, no graphical display at all. They just look like plain emails with code within.
This looked like an encoding issue at the Exchange end, but no matter how much we investigated, reconfigured or googled, we could not find a
Microsoft released SP1 – and guess what, one of the areas that has been improved is the encoding for mobile devices.
So, if you are having a similar problem, start by upgrading to Exchange SP1, that is most probably the solution.
We are now back with smiley faces as our beloved iPhones display HTML emails again.
Before I got my start in the tech industry as part of Apple’s UK Mac launch team, I was a professional drummer (notice I didn’t say musician). But once I got in, I was hooked and I’ve been involved in the tech industry, primarily software development, for over 35 years. I founded this company and I now have the enviable title of System Architect (as well as Managing Director) here at OpenCRM.